The EEC offers individual consultations on the topics listed in Service Descriptions below. Appointments are made available as our Employment Coordinator schedules permit.
Consultations are only available to students or alumni from the University of Alberta's Faculty of Engineering.
Due to the high demand for individual consults, we ask that you respect the following procedures and policies. We thank you for your cooperation in helping us maximize our availability to students and alumni. If you have any questions or concerns about these policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Appointment Booking Policies
- Students & alumni must book an appointment online via the EEC website.
- Appointments are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only one consult may be booked at a time: multiple appointments will be cancelled.
- New appointment times are released at NOON on the last business day of the week.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it using the link provided in your appointment confirmation email.
- For short-notice cancellations (cancellations with less than 24 hours' notice), please call the EEC at 780-492-4360.
- Only two no-shows or short-notice cancellations per academic
term are permitted. If you exceed this limit you will be unable to
schedule additional appointments for the remainder of the current
academic term (fall, winter, spring/summer).
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you arrive late, your consult time cannot be extended.
- Consults will automatically be cancelled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- If you fail to attend or cancel a scheduled appointment, you will receive a notice via email.
- Only two no-shows or short-notice cancellations per academic term are permitted. If you exceed this limit you will be unable to schedule additional appointments for the remainder of the current academic term (fall, winter, spring/summer).
- A wait list will be maintained from the first business day of the week until 12:00PM of the last business day of the week.
- Students will be added to the wait list on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When there is a short-notice cancellation, the first student on the wait list will be called. Voicemails will not be left: the first student that answers their phone and accepts the time slot available will be given the appointment.
- Students on the wait list will not be given priority for the following week.
- The Employment Help Desk schedule is subject to change based on Employment Coordinator availability: we reserve the right to cancel appointments to accommodate changes to Employment Coordinator schedules.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 2 hours advance notice wherever possible.
- A valid ONECard must be presented for all EEC services.
- The information and suggestions offered by EEC staff are intended to provide impartial guidance through the recruitment process. Before acting on any advice, please consider the appropriateness of it with regard to your personal objectives and needs.
Unable to book?
If you're unable to book a consultation appointment, please check back for cancellations or additional appointment times. New appointment times are released at NOON on the last business day of the week.
Looking for a job, but not sure where to start? Meet with an Employment Coordinator to discuss options and strategies to help identify and develop your career planning/job search goals. This can include tips for accessing the hidden job market and key resources.
Meet with an Employment Coordinator to review your resume and/or cover letter. For this service you MUST bring a printed copy of your resume/cover letter to your appointment. If you are targeting a specific opportunity, please bring a copy of the job description.
We STRONGLY recommend that you attend a Resume & Cover Letter workshop or visit our office to pick up related handouts to help you prepare for your appointment. Applying the principles outlined in our resources will enable the coordinator to focus on content instead of format and style.
Meet with an Employment Coordinator to review your LinkedIn profile. For this service you MUST bring a laptop with you in order to log in and demo your LinkedIn Profile.
During this 20-minute session, you will meet with an Employment Coordinator to discuss keys to acing an interview, or to practice questions you struggle with answering. If you are preparing for an interview already scheduled, please bring a printed copy of the application you submitted, along with the job description.
You've received an offer of employment - now what? Meet with an Employment Coordinator to discuss perspectives and factors when considering an offer
Other Service Providers
The Alberta Learning Information Services offers a free resume review service to individuals seeking employment in Alberta. Find out more here: ALIS e-Resume Review Service